Custom Workflow - Prevent issues from moving to next sprint.

Lindsay Hunt February 10, 2016

I have a custom workflow set up (see below)Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 11.11.07 AM.png

When a sprint ends, I don't want issues in the Closed / Ready for Release or Released state to move to the next sprint. Right now, these issues are all transitioning to the new sprint, but aren't showing up in the backlog or swim lane boards. 

How do I fully close these issues so they don't move on after the sprint is complete? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2016

It sounds like they are not being "closed" properly.  I'd check that a resolution is being set correctly, and then put done, closed, ready for release and released into the "done" column on the board.

Lindsay Hunt February 10, 2016

How would I edit the resolution so that any issues marked as Closed, Done (or any of the flow after Done-In Regression, Ready for Released or Released ) do not carry over into the next sprint?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2016

You just need a resolution set (any resolution), and the four status you've mentioned in the done column

Lindsay Hunt February 23, 2016

I'm about to close another sprint and I'm still seeing issues. I have a resolution set to "Fixed" or "Done" for all the issues in the Done Status or Released Status. 

In spite of this, when I go to close the sprint, it tells me that there are 41 issues that are incomplete. 

Is there any way for me to fix this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2016

Are all of the resolved issues in the "done" column?

Lindsay Hunt February 23, 2016

They are. We suspect that it might have happened because they were carry over items from before we changed the workflow. We have a clean sprint now, so we'll see if it fixes it for the next sprint. Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2016

Ah, the workflow changes might be an issue, yes.  Checking on the next sprint end is the best plan!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events