Custom Visual Dashboard Report

Giuseppe Desira Buttigieg April 15, 2020

Hi, 

I am trying to find a way to configure a custom report which will be displayed on a dashboard and updated according to requirements (either daily or monthly). 

Reports I am trying to create are,

• Actual Time Logged vs Original Estimate
  • List of personnel assigned to specific tasks vs general assignments

I have been reading several posts and discussions around custom reports and potential solutions, however I am still not able to generate either of the above 2 reports.  Would anyone know which route is the best to obtain the desired results. Ideally, I am looking to obtain the desired results by means of a JQL filter and a respective gadget found within the dashboard (if at all possible) 

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

1 answer

0 votes
Evan Golden {VisualScript}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 17, 2020

Hello Guiseppe,

You can create these custom reports with VisualScript for Jira.  There you can create custom reports in JavaScript that then creates visuals in Jira dashboard gadgets.  

You can build reports around any jql query.  We have one built-in report called filter report, where you can even enter a JQL string, and it will create a visual.

Best

Evan

FYI - I work on the product team for VisualScript for Jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events