Custom Script- scriptrunner- how do I carriage return

Darren Weaver April 5, 2016

Script run using groovy:

(SendCustomEmail.FIELD_EMAIL_TEMPLATE)        : "New issue $issue.key has been created on your behalf in the Andesa Item Resolution System (AIRS). Andesa Services Issue Description: $issue.summary. This email has been automatically generated and does not require a response. If you have any questions concerning this email, please give us a call. \r\n Andesa Services Help Desk \r\n  941-926-0469 \r\n help.desk@andesaservices.com",

I need to create a new line where you see the \r\n\

How do I do this using groovy?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2016

I did that last night, but I used html mail with "<p>" for a newline.

Edit: actually, no, I was sending via a script listener.  Still, it may apply, can you set the email format?

html

Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2016

Then <br> is a line break, <p> is a new paragraph.

excellent, <p> worked

Stefani Kaimakliotou October 30, 2017

Hi if i want to use this for plain text what shall i write for a new paragraph or a line break?

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2017

Hi Stefani, 

\n will do the trick, so for example the following 

hello\nworld

will print:

hello
world
Stefani Kaimakliotou October 30, 2017

Thank you very much.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders