Custom Script- scriptrunner- how do I carriage return

Script run using groovy:

(SendCustomEmail.FIELD_EMAIL_TEMPLATE)        : "New issue $issue.key has been created on your behalf in the Andesa Item Resolution System (AIRS). Andesa Services Issue Description: $issue.summary. This email has been automatically generated and does not require a response. If you have any questions concerning this email, please give us a call. \r\n Andesa Services Help Desk \r\n  941-926-0469 \r\n help.desk@andesaservices.com",

I need to create a new line where you see the \r\n\

How do I do this using groovy?

1 answer

1 accepted

I did that last night, but I used html mail with "<p>" for a newline.

Edit: actually, no, I was sending via a script listener.  Still, it may apply, can you set the email format?

Then <br> is a line break, <p> is a new paragraph.

excellent, <p> worked

Hi if i want to use this for plain text what shall i write for a new paragraph or a line break?

Hi Stefani, 

\n will do the trick, so for example the following 

hello\nworld

will print:

hello
world

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

415 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot