Custom Issue Type Permission/Security

Elif Alverson November 11, 2015

Hello,

I have a custom issue type and trying to change the permissions to determine who can create JIRA Issues under that Issue type.  Is it possible?

How can I determine the security/permission levels on the workflows? All I see is Permissions/ Roles under the projects. Where can I change the security/permission level of a workflows?

Thank you!

3 answers

1 vote
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2015

For the "Create" transition, you have to do it as a validator, as you can't add conditions to "Create".  This is a minor issue in that, depending on how they reached create, they could have filled in the whole form and not have a way to change the type when it gets rejected.  I still use it though, to keep everything except "Bug" and "Improvement" reserved for people in the Developer's Role:

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.ProjectRoleManager
import com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.ProjectRoleActors
import com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.ProjectRole
import com.atlassian.jira.project.version.Version
import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException
import com.opensymphony.workflow.WorkflowContext
import org.apache.log4j.Category

def Category log = Category.getInstance("com.onresolve.jira.groovy.PostFunction");
ProjectRoleManager projectRoleManager = ComponentManager.getComponentInstanceOfType(ProjectRoleManager.class) as ProjectRoleManager

ApplicationUser currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser();
ProjectRole devsRole = projectRoleManager.getProjectRole("Developers");
ProjectRoleActors devs = projectRoleManager.getProjectRoleActors(devsRole, issue.getProjectObject());
Boolean isDev = devs.contains(currentUser);
String issueType = issue.getIssueTypeObject().getName();

if (!isDev) {
	if (issueType != "Bug" && issueType != "Improvement") {
        invalidInputException = new InvalidInputException("You are not a member of this project's \"Developers\" role; the only issue types available to non-developers are \"Bug\" and \"Improvement\".");
    }
}

I pulled some irrelevant code, but hopefully it still works as-is.

1 vote
Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2015

this thread has a couple of solutions.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/161095/restricting-issue-creation-of-certain-types-based-on-user-project-role-group

you can probably also set the properties of the transitions .. some documentation here. You probably need a workflow specific to that one issue type.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/workflow-properties-189949.html

0 votes
Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2015

Hi Elif,

You can do both by adding conditions on your workflow transitions.

Suggest an answer