Custom Issue Collector in JIRA 7.9

Rafal Sojka August 9, 2018

Dear JIRA Community,

I have JIRA 7.9 on production and would like to create an custom issue collector with my own custom fields. However, there are only 6 predefined custom fields as you can see on this screenshots:image.png

Could you please advise if there is any way to use my own custom fields ?

Thank you for help.
Rafal 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2018

Hi Rafal,

You can include the fields in the Issue Collector provided it's one of the following:

Date Time, Radio Buttons, Multi-Checkbox, Multi-Select, Number, Select List, URL field, Version Picker, Cascading Select, Project Picker, Single Version Picker, Text Field, Free Text Field

You may need to ensure that the field has been assigned to your project.

For information on setting a default value for your custom field, see Advanced use of the Jira issue collector.

There is a feature request below to be able to include the all versions of custom fields:

I would recommend voting and commenting on that request if you wish to see it in the future.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Rafal Sojka August 13, 2018

Thank you Shannon, but my question is how to add those custom fields which are not visible on the screenshot attached in original question ? How can I look them up ?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2018

Hi Rafal,

This is what I was referring to when I said it would need to be assigned to the project.

You can add the field to existing issues to have it included following the page below:

For more details, check out this detailed blog from our friends at ServiceRocket:

You'll need to create a test issue in that project first, but you can then use the Where's my field option from the Jira admin helper.

Give that a try and let us know if you have any trouble!

Regards,

Shannon

Rafal Sojka August 14, 2018

Thank you Shannon, that was very helpful. I was able to create two custom fields and add them to the collector. Now they are visible. Best regards, Rafal

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 14, 2018

Rafal,

You're welcome! Happy to help.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer