Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom Fields

I was wondering if there is a way to add custom fields that would work for locations. I was going to set up a category for countries and cities in countries so the city that is able to be selected would be contingent on the country one selected. Is there anyway to do that or do i need a add on? 

2 answers

Jon

IF you don't want to make use of an add-on (not that i know of any) you can make use of Field Type - Select List (single choice or multiple choices). Populate it with the option/locations that you've.

Then on your tickets, select the appropriate location.

Another option would to make use of Components. Each location can be a component.

Victor

I think a custom field of 'Select List (Cascading)' should be suitable.

Configure Countries as the parent options, then configure each of those Options to add your Cities.

We use the same scenario for choosing different affects versions depending on the component chosen.

HTH

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,953 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you