Custom Field in Issue Search Columns Not Exporting to Excel

Amina ElShal December 29, 2016

I have a custom field which is configured as Globel to all issue types, But when I try to export the Issues search using "Export Excel CSV (All fields)". This Custom field not exported. 

FYI: It only exported if the field isn't empty for any one of the issue, but Actually I need to include it in my result even if it's empty for all issues result.

Appreciate prompt response cause it's urgently needed.

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2016

Workaround: As the omission of the field only occurs when there are no issues with a value in that field, why don't you add a foo issue with a value for that field, easily identifiable so that you can remove the line after the export?

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2016

You may include that foo issue easily on your JQL search by adding:

...OR key = FOO-1

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2016

Or just add the empty column to the spreadsheet.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2016

Yeah, that's another possibility, and easily doable by opening and saving through a spreadsheet reader. The workaround of the foo issue is only better for editing the file through a text editor, like notepad++, as it would remove the need for intercalating any additional commas.

By the way, @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] I've just tried to install ScriptRunner on a free Cloud instance for Dev & testing purposes, but the license isn't considered a valid one, not even for the trial period.

Do you give ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud for free by any means? (Dev environment, to Atlassian Experts...)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2016

Actually, I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, and I don't know who's around to answer at the moment.  You can raise it at https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2 but I've asked one of the team to have a look too.

Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2016

Hi Ignacio,

As @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] mentioned, please raise an issue on our portal, but please use:

https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portals and find ScriptRunner for JIRA cloud.

regards, Mark.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2016

Ah, sorry Mark, got the wrong bookmark here!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2016

Thanks Nic & Mark, I've tried to register through Mark's URL, but there's no option for doing so.

I've tried the 'Forgot my password' approach and, while the message about an email to reset my pass was being displayed, I've received nothing so far.

I think I've never had a customer account on that Service Desk. May you create one for me?

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2016

My email is ignacio dot pulgar at incentro dot com

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2016

Suggest an answer