Custom Field Search Not Returning Results

Frank Ho November 25, 2015

As of 2 days ago I am getting misleading results in doing custom field search.  My team has a Salesforce ID field where we cross reference CRM cases and we have always been able to search through the field using global search or writing an advanced query with the ~ operator.  It doesn't seem to quite work now.  I have two JIRA cases with the same Salesforce ID, and it is only returning the first (numerically and chronologically) and not all of them.  The text box is configured with the free text search template.

I have also re-indexed the instance as well.

2 answers

1 vote
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2015

I believe it depends on the kind of search you're executing, there are some validators like WAS and CHANGED which doesn't work for custom fields:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27641

Cheers,

Rodrigo Silva

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2015

Please let us know how you have integrated Sales Force with your JIRA. If are using the Cloud Mappings add-on supported by Service Rocket for instance, that'd be information we need to know.

Suggest an answer