Custom Field - Need to Mass Disable Multi Select Value

Brian Haskins August 29, 2019

We imported ~1200 records into a custom field > Multi Select. We have an integration with JIRA where we map client records from our Help Desk to our JIRA system The format of these records are the following in the before side.

Recently there was a decision to update the client IDs to 7 digits. JIRA now needs updated to match so the integration works correctly.2019-08-29 11_43_09-Book1 - Excel.png

I have been successful in doing the import. Although it currently creates duplicates because of the ID. Currently, it would be ~2400 custom fields which makes navigating the list terrible with duplicates. We also need to maintain the history of the field so I cannot deletethe list and then import the new IDs.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/custom-field-deactivate-disable-value/qaq-p/192409

I saw the answer in the above link and would it be able to be done through an import? From what I have seen and read, I do not believe so but wanted to ask. 

1 answer

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2019

You can disable custom field options from database. You just need to set "disabled" column on CUSTOMFIELDOPTION table. Try this on a backup system and do this change when jira is not running. 

Brian Haskins September 9, 2019

HI Deniz

We currently have the cloud option and do not have access to the database at this time. 

Suggest an answer