Custom Dropdown field values

Natia Gdzelishvili November 24, 2015

Hello,

In my project on creation screen i want to have custom drop down field, and its values should be populated with some external web service. also when field value is selected i want to call some third party web service and fill another not editable fields.

for example: custom drop down of  users and wen some user is selected i want to display its contact info (contact info is stored in internal system).

Is it possible? Could someone provide me with documentations?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2015

You'll need code (or add-ons) to do that. 

There's a really easy way to do "values from other service" if you use one of the "database custom fields" from the marketplace.  They won't pull from a web-service, only from a database.  If you really do want it to pull from a service, you'll have to write code to pull it (be warned, it gets complex because your code will have to store the reference, not just the current data for the field, and it will need to handle remote changes)

The second part again is coding - once you've got the selection data, a pull from the other service is needed to populate your other fields.  If you want to do it dynamically, you'll need to do it in javascript too, and again, I'd recommend a look at the database fields for that.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2015

We've used TeamLead.ru's CRM add-on to great success although it takes some work to integrate. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.teamlead.jira.plugins.teamlead-crm-plugin-for-jira/server/overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events