Cumulative estimates not showing

axadiw January 11, 2016

Hi Guys,

I've got a problem with epics estimations.

When I don't have any issues embedded in the epic, overall estimate equals 0:

Zrzut ekranu 2016-01-11 o 20.59.08.png

But after adding any issue with an estimate, the summary view looks like this:

Zrzut ekranu 2016-01-11 o 20.59.15.png

I've tried this on Safari and Chrome, and it looks like this on both...

What am I doing wrong? Few days ago it was working fine, but today it looks like this.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
axadiw January 12, 2016

It looks like it's a but in JIRA: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-13035

I've followed up the workaround here, it it've fixed the issue

axadiw January 12, 2016

Anayway, Steven Behnke - thanks for help

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2016

Thank you for posting the solution.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2016

You should be able to see the estimate as such: 

image2016-1-11 13:57:40.png

You can reindex by navigating to Indexing under Administration. Please read more here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/search-indexing-185729671.html

This is difficult to troubleshoot without being able to see it myself. I'd likely be looking at the log in /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/atlassian-jira.log to see if anything logs when I view the issue. Reindexing the system may help. You may also want to open an issue at support.atlassian.com.

axadiw January 11, 2016

I've launched re-indexing, but unfortunately it didn't help. I'll contact devop tomorrow and check this log file you've pointed.

axadiw January 11, 2016

It looks like this is a cloud based instance, so I guess that I won't have an access to these log files. I'll contact support than

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

Thanks for the response. I'd imagine that your board is currently setup to handle estimates as Story Points. If you'd like the board/reports to use Time Based metrics, please indicate this under BoardConfigureEstimation – Estimation Statistic

image2016-1-11 12:59:33.png

axadiw January 11, 2016

It's actually configured using "Original Time State" option for "Estimation Statistic", so I guess that isn't the point here

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

Could you provide a screenshot? It's hard to proceed blind. I assume you mean it's already set to Original Time Estimate, not 'state.' Also, I noticed that in your original screenshot I can see that it looks like it's showing nothing, instead of zero... This looks like a bug or issue. Can you tell me if you've tried to reindex your issues to solve this?

axadiw January 11, 2016

Here's configuration screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Pfv8oKa.png It also looks like a bug for me... You've said about reindexing - how can I perform it?

0 votes
axadiw January 11, 2016

Of course. All issues in the epic are estimated using time-based estimates

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2016

Hi! How are you adding estimates to issues?

Suggest an answer