Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) issue with JIRA CLOUD REST API and Javascript

Dear all,

I'm developing a javascript WebApp, which tries to create an issue on my JIRA cloud instance.

I am getting following error.

XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://XXXXXXXX.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/. Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access.

In the moment this is not working because of CORS and I need to configure the whitelist, so that I'm able to
create issues from my domain.

I tried to find JIRA whitelist on my cloud instance , but I am unable to find it .
I have read the documentation but haven't found any link "whitelist" in my admin panel.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Santosh

3 answers

0 votes

Have you considered using Atlassian Connect?

you have to have your account with greater permission level than you have now. i have asked our JIRA admin to give me temporary global admin access and i saw the "Whitelist " tab. However, do let me know if this worked for you after adding the site to the whitelist see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/CORS-working-in-IE-but-not-in-Chrome/qaq-p/605592?posted=605910#U605910. 

it's still not working for me even after adding it to the Whitelist

0 votes
Scott I'm New Here Oct 08, 2018

JIRA CLOUD doesn't allow cross origin requests. You'll need a proxy service between the apps to connect to JIRA CLOUD REST API. Currently I'm trying to achieve the same thing with docker and reverse proxy with nginx. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,148 views 20 16
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you