Creating subtask

Bashar Twal January 6, 2016

I have a project with defined subtask issue type and subtasks are enabled but still create subtasks is not enabled and i have the create issue permission, any answer ?

2 answers

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2016

Is the issue you are trying to create a subtask on already closed?

no , issue is in an open status

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2016

and the issue is not already a subtask?

yes its not :/ everything looks fine but i dont have any clue why its not working

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2016

Do subtask creation work on any other project? What did you change recently?

im trying on one project so fat , im upgrading jira from an old version to jira 7.0.2 , i have created a new project on new jira to test if its functional ,, Maybe you can help if you know how i may add a button to parent issue that will allow me to create a subtask i.e. if i declare more than one subtask type in the issue type can i create a button for each of them ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2016

Creating buttons requires coding, and that code needs to point to the actual sub-task creation. You need to fix the "cannot create" first because your code will need to use it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2016

Have you included at least one subtask type in the project issue type scheme?

yes indeed

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2016

Does the actions menu contain "create sub task"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events