Creating report

Davor April 4, 2016

Hi,

Which report plugin do you recommend, i need an option to easily create reports from data in Jira

Thanks in advance for help

4 answers

1 vote
Andrian F April 4, 2016

EazyBI is a pretty good reporting tool for jira. You can generate so many different reports with that .

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.eazybi.jira.plugins.eazybi-jira/server/overview

0 votes
Davor April 4, 2016

Ok, thanks.

I will try both, basically i need report with different type of data.

Something like dashboard.

0 votes
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Your question is very open ended. As Nicolas noted, it really depends on what you want to do.

I haven't compared tools in almost two years. At the time, the ones which met our needs best were EazyBI and Dataplane. We chose Dataplane, because it seemed much simpler for our users to learn. EazyBI had a little more power, but it also uses BI terminology which is completely foreign to our JIRA users.

We've been happy with DataPlane. 

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

I guess that really depends on what kinds of reports you want. I tend to use dashboard gadgets for charts based on issue filters. We share the dashboards with the managers, so they always get accurate data whenever they look at it.

In general, if you're able to get the issues you want with a JQL filter, you'll be able to make a report. Is there something specific you're looking for that you can't get with built-in features?

Suggest an answer