Creating report template in Atlassian hosted

David Munoz December 21, 2016

I would like to create a new template for generating release notes. I have been looking into the documentation "https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA041/Creating+a+Custom+Release+Notes+Template+Containing+Release+Comments" but it seems is related to an self-hosted Atlassian instance nor in the Cloud (it tlaks about modifying files and directories...).

So I was wondering, how can I modify the release notes template in a cloud based instance of the JIRA?

Thanks.

Regards.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2016

Your instincts are correct - you can't change them on Cloud.

David Munoz December 21, 2016

I thought it was just a question of creating a template in Confluence and configuring somehow generation releases process in JIRA to use the template already defined in Confluence... 

Is it not so "easy" as that?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2016

David, if you'd have the Confluence tool hooked up to JIRA as it seems like you say it does, we can use that instead. The link you posted was for a very old version of JIRA and requires code changes (template changes) and a server restart to achieve. That old method is impossible on Atlassian Cloud.

The new method with Confluence is to simply use the JIRA Reports Blueprint.

Suggest an answer