Creating custom date fields

Simon Parkinson December 9, 2016

Requirement:  I am looking to create a dashboard gadget that allows me to show how many issues were created (or resolved) each month over a given time period (say a year)

What I think I need to do is create a custom date field to track just the month and year from the date created (or resolved).  I could make this a hidden field, but then expose it to the two dimensional filter table gadget.  Then I can do a count of issues per month vs Dev Team or Priority, for example.

Does anyone know how to create a field that reads the value of the datecreated and stores just the Month (and/or Year).

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I got the answer I needed and thought I'd post it here in case anyone else would like to do something similar...

you need to create a Calculated Text Field, and use a formula such as:

<!-- @@Formula: new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("MM-yyyy").format(issue.get("created")) -->

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2016

Both of those fields are available and set automatically out of the box.

Created Date, Resolution Date.

Created Date is set on create.

Resolution Date is set when the issue's resolution field is set.

The built in "Created vs. Resolved Chart" dashboard gadget will get you what you need.

Thanks Randy, but thats not really what I am after.  I want a table of issues by either dev team, or priority.  Not Created vs Resolved

Suggest an answer