Creating custom date fields

Requirement:  I am looking to create a dashboard gadget that allows me to show how many issues were created (or resolved) each month over a given time period (say a year)

What I think I need to do is create a custom date field to track just the month and year from the date created (or resolved).  I could make this a hidden field, but then expose it to the two dimensional filter table gadget.  Then I can do a count of issues per month vs Dev Team or Priority, for example.

Does anyone know how to create a field that reads the value of the datecreated and stores just the Month (and/or Year).

2 answers

1 accepted

I got the answer I needed and thought I'd post it here in case anyone else would like to do something similar...

you need to create a Calculated Text Field, and use a formula such as:

<!-- @@Formula: new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("MM-yyyy").format(issue.get("created")) -->

Both of those fields are available and set automatically out of the box.

Created Date, Resolution Date.

Created Date is set on create.

Resolution Date is set when the issue's resolution field is set.

The built in "Created vs. Resolved Chart" dashboard gadget will get you what you need.

Thanks Randy, but thats not really what I am after.  I want a table of issues by either dev team, or priority.  Not Created vs Resolved

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,085 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot