Creating a wiki-style custom field

nyxcalamity August 2, 2016

Hi. I want to create a custom field in a JIRA issue that will be like a hyperlink. Specifically, I want to be able to enter something like `[text|link]` and have it being displayed as a hyperlink pointing to link. How Can I achieve that?

4 answers

2 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

Yep, and it's easy.

Change that field's renderer to wiki in your Field Configurations.

1 vote
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

It's in Field Configuration, where you set fields optional/required/hidden. You have the option to set a different renderer for a given field in different projects by using Field Configuration Schemes.

Change_renderer.png

0 votes
nyxcalamity August 3, 2016

So, for a URL custom field you've got only the following actions: Edit, Hide, Required, Screens. I had to create a text field instead. It seems to work, thanks.

0 votes
nyxcalamity August 2, 2016

@Nicolas Bourdages, can you please be more specific. I know the theory but can't seem to find render configuration neither during field creation nor in field configuration/editing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events