Creating New workflow, project, and statuses

Valerie Liarikos June 7, 2016

Hello, 

I need to create a new project with it's own board. This project needs to have a new issue type and workflow with all new statuses. I have created the board and have made a custom workflow with new statuses and transitions, but I have seemed to perhaps do this in the incorrect order as I cant seem to piece it all together. 

A little information on the most efficient order of things would be appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

This is what I usually do in circumstances like that:

1. Create the new Issue Type
  2. Add the Issue Type to the Issue Type Scheme
  3. Create the new workflow
  4. Add the workflow to the Workflow Scheme for the new issue type
  5. Map the new statuses to the Board's columns

Are you sure the custom workflow you've created has been placed in the Workflow Scheme of the project for that new issue type? If so, did you configure your board to have the statuses in corresponding columns?

Valerie Liarikos June 7, 2016

I created the new issue type, added it to the scheme, but I am running into a workflow issue. My columns are not in the correct order when I view the board. This might be because I created a business board instead of a scrum/kanban board. I seem to have given up the power to configure the columns with this choice. 

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

Not sure what the rules are for Business boards, I'm on JIRA 6. But it would be weird if that board can't be configured. When you go in Board / Configure / Columns, you really can't edit what's in there? Can you add a screenshot? 

Suggest an answer