Creating 1 issue for multiple projects

Sigrid Boesen March 19, 2017

In my company we develop our product for iOS, Android and Web. That means they need to be aligned all the time. So if I decide on a new feature for the system I need to make a separate issue for Android, one for iOS and one for my web project.

Instead I would like to be able to say, when I create an issue - please make this issue in both the Android, iOS and web project. Is this possible? At the moment I have a lot of overhead time as I need to make 3 identival issue every time for each project.

3 answers

3 votes
Isaac_Philip March 20, 2017

Well if this is to be done all the time, you could possibly create a separate Issue Type which creates the Issue in the specific Project and clones in the remaining two auto-magically.

This would involve creation of,

1. Issue Type
  2. Workflow (copy of the existing one with addition of a new transition step only)

This would be needed to reduce the steps involved to manually clone the issue all the time.

If it is needed on a one-off basis then you could manually clone the Issues too using the plugins mentioned by @Tarun Sapra Either way both the mentioned plugins would be needed in the long run.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2017

Using the "Script runner" plugin, you can automate as well by adding a condition in the post-function so no more manual cloning of issues.

2 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2017

It's easy with plugins -

You can use the feature of "cloning" an issue when you create the original feature. 

Let's say you create one feature in web project then that issues should be cloned automatically in Android & iOS project. You can use plugins for this-

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.clone-plus/server/overview

or

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/server/overview 

0 votes
Sigrid Boesen March 20, 2017

Thanks, Tarun. I will look into your links smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events