Created a Scrum Board need to transfer issues from a dashboard to the scrum how do I do this please?

Emma read April 13, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2016

Dashboards and Scrum boards are not issue containers, they are a view of things (mostly issues that live in project containers)

To get an issue to appear on a board, the board's filter simply needs to include the issue.  So look at the filter - mostly they are simple ones like "project = xyz", but they can be complex.  You need to make sure the board filter returns the issues you want it to cover in the first instance.

Emma read April 13, 2016

Thanks Nic.  So would I set up a project and move the issues from the dashboards into that? Emma

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2016

No

Again, the board and the dashboard are views.  There's no "move" of anything.  You just set up the board to look at something that's in a place.   The issues do not change when you create or configure a board.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2016

Sorry, I should have said

Go ahead and set up your project.  Your dashboards might need to be reconfigured to look at the issues in it.  Your board(s) can be created at the same time as the project, or later (the "create board from existing project" option is quite neat, and you can still go back and change the filter for it later)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events