Create project error

Hi there,

When trying to create a new project and want to enter the Key for it the text keeps vibrating and wouldn't let me amend it. Then when I go to the Project Lead and want to enter it, an error pops up saying 'The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation.' See screenshot below.

Do you have any ideas of what could have caused this?

Thanks,

Zsuzsa

Error message.PNG

6 answers

0 votes

Maybe there's another project using the same key?

Thanks for your prompt response. I just checked and there is no other project with this Key. However this wouldn't explain the 'Project Lead error'...

0 votes

Can you try this?:

1. Press F12 with your browser open
  2. click on Console
  3. reproduce the error when that popup is being shown
  4. look for errors in your browser's console
  5. paste the full error message here

ajax[48595908] error : { successful  : false, status      : 500, statusText  : error, hasData     : true, readyState  : 4, requestId   : 48595908, aborted     : undefined, }

0 votes

Http error 500 is an 'internal server error'.

Open a request with Atlassian Support here: https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23

Will surely do that!

Cheers!

Zsuzsa

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #2: Let’s talk severity levels

Welcome to your weekly Jira Ops Early access program update, where we’re sharing news and updates on Jira Ops' progress as we work toward our 1.0 release. If you ever want to drop us feedback or idea...

32 views 0 0
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you