Create jsTree

Mr Parashar December 13, 2016

Hi Guys,

I am stuck between jquery versions.

Actually. i want to create a jsTree but problem is that JIRA support 1.7.2 version of jQuery.js and jsTree.js need 1.9.2 version of jQuery.js.

I added another jQuery file as a web resource but cannot access $ in velocity file.

AJS.$.fn.jQuery return the JIRA internal jQuery file version and after accessing $ in velocity there is an error on console which shows that $ is not a function.

Totally stuck help to solve this issue....

2 answers

0 votes
Sujana B December 3, 2017

Hi Mr Parshar

Were you successful in making jstree plugin work ?.

I am facing similar compatability issue.

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

Hi Krupach, thanks for fast reply

i added two jQuery files in JIRA but i am not able to access $

can u brief it 

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

Hi Mr Parashar,

You need to add just one jQuery that you need and right after including it or directly at the end of js file you put:

var myJQuery = $.noConflict(true);

after that you work with your version of jQuery using myJQuery instead of $.

Thanks for fast response,

means i have to add this line at the bottom of the jquery version file which i have to added in jira.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2016

yes, or right after the script tag as shown under the stackoverflow link.

Hi added the below code in bottom of my jQuery file but at browser console could not find myJQuery object for accessing the functions it always says undefined.

var myJQuery = $.noConflict(true);

and what is script tag ? Why i care this ?

if i added above code in my jQuery file then it will be accessible with myJQuery object.

Hi Krupach,
i added my jquery file in plugin descriptor and a command $.webResource.requireResource("")
and can't get any idea what to do further for accessing myJQuery object.

Thanks in advance..

Suggest an answer