Create an Issue link to an issue on another Jira site not working or?

Sharad Kumar Jain June 27, 2019

Hi all, 

when i use the tutorial given by JIRA to create a Issue link to another JIRA site issue:-
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/linking-issues-779296002.html#Linkingissues-Createanissuelink

I donot see the option of more now. moreover if i click on the link issue shortcut then it doesnot give an option to connect the weblink or advanced search. I am confused now.

Please help.

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2019

Try to check application links.

Sharad Kumar Jain June 27, 2019

Where exactly please?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2019

Make sure, that another Jira instance is included into application links.

You need system admin permission to do this.

Sharad Kumar Jain June 28, 2019

great thanks for your reply.

but then, this means that no longer i would be able to provide a Web link to my ticket in JIRA (which was possible in older interface), but, only the ones which are added in my Application link list will be available right?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2019

I think yes.

Sharad Kumar Jain July 4, 2019

That is very unfortunate then.
I think there must be some way out for this. this feature cannot be simply discarded.

:(

Suggest an answer