Create a issue from custom field

David Lockhart January 13, 2016

I want the ability to have JIRA create another ticket in another project if a specific custom filed is selected. For example if the issue you are creating is stating that it is an outage then in the outage project it create a ticket automatically.

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

Create on Transition for JIRA can do that on a transition by conditioning the create based on the custom field value. See How to use pattern matching conditioning.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2016

You'll need a bit of code to do that.  There are "create issue on transition" post-functions in add-ons, but you might not be able to use them because of the "specific field selected" part.

Of course, I'd use the Script Runner add-on to write a script that says "if field, then create issue", but I would say that as I work for Adaptavist.  (I'd actually have said the same if I didn't work there, but you'd have to take my word for that)

Suggest an answer