Create a custom field with links

Daman Bareiss December 20, 2017

I want to use a custom field to let the user select if an issue is related to hardware, software, both, or not sure. I was thinking of making that separate from components so that non-technical groups can just select those items from a  dropdown list and then as our engineers can add components to isolate the issues to a particular component of hardware, software, or robot name, for example.

I made a custom field with the single-item select dropdown list that chooses Software, Hardware, Both, or Not sure. However, I can't find a good way to make them links like how when you have a component it is a hyperlink to filter all issues of that component. I saw where I can type a filter in the search and search for project = currentProject() AND classification = "Software" however I can't find a way to make the  list a list of links so that the user can click on the classification in the issue information screen and automatically filter to all issues of that classification in the current project.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

You should use a custom add on for it like 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.mail.jira.plugins.lf.queryfields/server/overview

It is a free plugin. There are also payed plugins which can provide you with more functionality

Daman Bareiss December 21, 2017

I think I can get this to work but am pretty new JQL. I was able to put a query in the dropdown box but it executes it automatically so that the dropdown box is actually just the other issues.

I want to set it up like components where the dropdown box on the issue creation can say "Hardware" or "Software" and when viewing an issue you can click "Hardware" to go to the search page with a particular query of

project = currentProject() AND classification = "Hardware"

Suggest an answer