Country Filed

Lev Sturmer February 19, 2017

Hi,

Its quite funny, but I cannot find any convenient way of implementing Country field in Jira. It looks to me so essential, but I'm struggling to find any valid info on the topic. Can someone tell why?

Thanks!
I have already broke the search bar trying to find the answer smile

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2017

It's a very specific piece of data which a lot of people don't need, and many need it done in different ways.  If your organisation is active in three countries, you don't need the other 193-ish.  Some may want to regionalise by continent or language or business unit or other groupings (APAC, EMEA vs Europe, NA, vs  EU, EAA and so-on).

It's a doddle to do it yourself of course.  Create a custom field and add the options you need.  A single-select, or multi-select are probably the best ones for most cases, but a grouped field is probably better done by a cascading-select.

Lev Sturmer February 19, 2017

Hi Nic, thanks for your input. We indeed need a full list of countries since we dont know where our next customer will be located, we are working around the globe. And its indeed funny that so massive product like Jira dont have so basic feature. The only thing I can think about is they make a lot of money on plugins to enable so essential feature.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer