Could we show a message when a field is empty?

Roger Busqueta July 25, 2016

Hi all, 

We are working with JIRA and SIL events to link it to another application.

When someone create/edit/delete an issue, it runs a script who creates a identifier with JIRA and the other application, and we save it's value to a field called "ATC"

What's our problem? we need to send a message to the user's interface when someone edit or do something with an issue in progress and it's not linked (the field "ATC" it's empty).

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2016

Why not just use a validator to check if the field is null during the transition to In Progress?

0 votes
Roger Busqueta July 26, 2016

Yes, but don't know how to do that, i tried with Live Fields events, but that's not what i want.

I don't know how to make an event when someone views an issue that shows a message if a field is empty.

If it's possible to do that, i would like a sample to understand how it works.

Thanks

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2016

Not out of the box. You'd need to modify your script to look to see if it is empty and display a message.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events