Correcting Closed Tickets to Update Missing Resolution Field

Deleted user October 13, 2015

I've seen several threads about the need to have a status in the Resolution Field in order for a closed ticket to be considered truly closed.

I've also seen a number of members suggest we simply remove the "RESOLUTION" field to avoid having duplicate statuses or tickets that are both open and closed.

Given I'm only learning this now, and now I already have closed tickets with empty resolutions, I need help on HOW to close those tickets and go back update the resolution field to get them to show closed/crossed out in the backlog.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2015

It's the same answers you've found elsewhere -

First, Correct the workflow so that it sets resolution correctly (either by asking the user in a transition screen, or setting itin a post function

Second, either

1. re-open and re-close the issues
  2. create a transition from closed to closed that sets the resolution and use it

Bulk edit is your friend in both of these

Whereever you found the advice to ignore the resolution field, they are utterly, totally and completely wrong.  Because an issue with no resolution is NOT closed, and ALL the reporting in JIRA Core and most of it in Agile, Portfolio and Service desk will not work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events