Copy field to field

Scott Federman September 21, 2020

Hey all 

Im new to scriptrunner and I was hoping someone could help me out. How would i go about copying data from one field (customer engagement type/CF_12014) to another (Customer Engagement/CF_12223)? We are trying to convert the fields but it sits across 72 different screens.

Customer engagement type is a radio button field 

Customer engagement type is a checkbox field

2 answers

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

Hi Scott,

Start with the Copy Custom Field Values built in script for Scriptunner for Jira Cloud. Don't forget to test in dev or on fields not used in production. Cheers!

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

Hi @Scott Federman ,

The best option I could think of is to bulk update the new fields. You can also ask your jira admin to bulk update issues via CSV import. In this way, you can retain the values on the old field, but have a new field available with the same values. 

Here is the doc link for script runner-  https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/6.7.0/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_copy_custom_field_values - but this does not allow to convert radio buttons to checkboxes. 

Suggest an answer