Convert portfolio to tasks?

Patrick De Amorim December 1, 2015

When I have created a portfolio with a plan on what should be worked on - how can I then convert that into a project with tasks that I can then complete together with my team?

I understand I can import tasks into a portfolio, but I'm interested in the other way around.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2015

Hey Patrick, the other way around you can do "Create and link issues". This is available in the dropdown of each work item, if you trigger it on an epic or an initiative, you can then create everything underneath in bulk. 

image2015-12-2 10:17:48.png

If you are using sprints, there is also a second way to do it, by clicking the sprints label in the stories view and choosing "Create issues in project" 

image2015-12-2 10:19:11.png

In both cases it will open a dialog allowing you to choose the issue type and some more options of what you want to set on the issues

This essentially after creating like this, you'll have the same linking as when importing existing issues into the plan, so you can push changes onto these issues by using "Plan > apply updates to projects", and pull in plan updates and tick off completed work by doing Plan > Update from date (which also sets a new start date for the schedule and plans forward from there) 

Suggest an answer