Connection Jira to Gmail

Chris Nokes May 17, 2016

Hi, this was working perfectly 6 months ago and is now not working. We have Gmail account setup for us here at this office, thought they are not '@gmail.com' addresses.

I have just setup and configured a new email address and when i 'Test Connection' within JIRA it throws an authentication failure.

I realised I had not signed into the account, which I did, then I noticed that you need to enable apps to connect, which I have also done.

What else could be blocking the Mail Server in JIRA from connecting to this email account?

Error Reads:

Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below and rectify:

I followed this link and followed all instructions on the Gmail side of this. Since this worked previous in JIRA (cloud) i cant see what could be wrong on Jira's side. Any guidance would be helpful.

2 answers

0 votes
Julien vander Straeten July 9, 2016

I solved it by going in the Google settings and allowing less secure authentication.

Chris Nissen November 29, 2017

Hello, Did you allow less secure authentication at the individual account level or the system admin level?  I tried allowing less secure authentication at the email account level but it is still not letting me authenticate.  

Rachita Choudhary February 26, 2018

Hello, I am also facing the exact same issue and unable to resolve it. I turned on "Allow from Less Secure Apps". Still I am getting AuthenticationFailedException.

Someone please suggest other alternatives.

Nadim Mansour January 10, 2019

Is their a way other than allow less secure app that I can you ? please advice ?

0 votes
Julien vander Straeten July 9, 2016

Same problem here.

I went through all recommendations from Google but it still doesn't work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events