Connection Jira to Gmail

Hi, this was working perfectly 6 months ago and is now not working. We have Gmail account setup for us here at this office, thought they are not '@gmail.com' addresses.

I have just setup and configured a new email address and when i 'Test Connection' within JIRA it throws an authentication failure.

I realised I had not signed into the account, which I did, then I noticed that you need to enable apps to connect, which I have also done.

What else could be blocking the Mail Server in JIRA from connecting to this email account?

Error Reads:

Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below and rectify:

I followed this link and followed all instructions on the Gmail side of this. Since this worked previous in JIRA (cloud) i cant see what could be wrong on Jira's side. Any guidance would be helpful.

2 answers

Same problem here.

I went through all recommendations from Google but it still doesn't work.

I solved it by going in the Google settings and allowing less secure authentication.

Hello, Did you allow less secure authentication at the individual account level or the system admin level?  I tried allowing less secure authentication at the email account level but it is still not letting me authenticate.  

Hello, I am also facing the exact same issue and unable to resolve it. I turned on "Allow from Less Secure Apps". Still I am getting AuthenticationFailedException.

Someone please suggest other alternatives.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

101 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you