Connecting confluence - strange message from proyect configuration

Saúl Cejudo Córdoba May 28, 2019

Hi, 

We have connected jira core / helpdesk with confluence correctly through application links but the configuration of one of our projects we have a notice that "Something has gone wrong with the complement of the knowledge base." We are not sure what it is, but we suspect who have been the goblins of the supplements "
Can you help us with this issue? What is it about ?
Thanks for your time and regards, 

Saúl

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2019

Hello Saúl,

Thank you for contacting us, and I wanted to welcome you to Community. It's nice to have you here!

That sounds like a very strange error. Could you please share with us a screenshot of how the error looks in the UI?

As this is on the server version of Jira, there might also be some information in your server logs. Could you have a look at the Jira server logs and see if it gives you any information about why the link is not working.

Lastly, can you confirm this was working previously, or if it's a new issue? What are your Jira and Confluence version numbers? If it was working previously, have you recently moved Confluence or set up a firewall or proxy? 

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi !

Thank you very much for the welcome

Version:

JIRA Service Desk 4.1.0

Confluence 6.15.2something_bad.pngconnection_core-confluence.png

Our language is Spanish as you can see.

I have seen that there are pending updates of universal plugin manager. Could it be related?

thank you in advance, 

best regards, Saúl.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2019

Saúl,

Thank you very much for providing those details. I don't think the pending update of UPM is the cause, but I would recommend running that update anyway.

I'm interested to know the results of the other information I asked about, could you tell me if you were able to have a look at the server logs? That will be most helpful since it will tell us what is triggering that error.

My other question was if this was working previously, or if it's a new issue. Are you also behind a firewall or proxy? Are Confluence and Jira on the same server or separate servers?

Regards,

Shannon

hi !

The two installations (core and confluence) are on the same server. there had been a change of url from the technical department of which he had not been informed. I solved the problem by removing the connection and relinking the helpdesk project with the desired space in confluence
Thank you very much for your help that has given me the guidance to solve the problem.
I have another problem with the translation of the welcome message to the users to our helpdesk, basically it translates all the notification templates into Spanish (the project's default language) minus the welcome message sent to the portal.
I'll open another thread because I do not see how to change it.
Thanks again !

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 29, 2019

Hi Saúl,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue! That's great news.

Let me know if you were able to open a new thread or if you need any help with that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer