Confused from search results with "assignee changed by"

Hello there,

I'm confused by Jira's search results.

All issues with a certain componend (let's call it "requiredcomponent") are managed by user "K"

project="OURPROJECT" and component="requiredcomponent"

---> 1350 issues found

So far so good.

project="OURPROJECT" and component="requiredcomponent" and assignee changed by "K"

---> 588 issues found

What's confusing now is that the counter test does not quite fit

project="OURPROJECT" and component="requiredcomponent" and !(assignee changed by "K")

---> 148 issues found

So, there are 1350 issues in total of which 588 were assigned by "K" and 148 were not assigned by "K" ?

I'm sure I'm missing something here ... Any ideas?

2 answers

1. Do you have unassigned issues ? 
  2. 588 issues have a record in their history which says that the assingee was changed by user K 
  3. 148 issues have a history record saying that the assignee was changed by someone else (different than user K)
  4. The rest of the issues were probably never assigned, so there is no issue history record saying that a user changes the assignee field 

Hi Marc,

Is it possible the assignee hasn't been changed by anyone on the missing items (changed by K + changed by people other than K + never changed = 1350)? 

Jim

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

59 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you