Confused from search results with "assignee changed by"

Marc Kellerer February 19, 2016

Hello there,

I'm confused by Jira's search results.

All issues with a certain componend (let's call it "requiredcomponent") are managed by user "K"

project="OURPROJECT" and component="requiredcomponent"

---> 1350 issues found

So far so good.

project="OURPROJECT" and component="requiredcomponent" and assignee changed by "K"

---> 588 issues found

What's confusing now is that the counter test does not quite fit

project="OURPROJECT" and component="requiredcomponent" and !(assignee changed by "K")

---> 148 issues found

So, there are 1350 issues in total of which 588 were assigned by "K" and 148 were not assigned by "K" ?

I'm sure I'm missing something here ... Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Jim Constant February 19, 2016

Hi Marc,

Is it possible the assignee hasn't been changed by anyone on the missing items (changed by K + changed by people other than K + never changed = 1350)? 

Jim

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2016
  1. Do you have unassigned issues ? 
  2. 588 issues have a record in their history which says that the assingee was changed by user K 
  3. 148 issues have a history record saying that the assignee was changed by someone else (different than user K)
  4. The rest of the issues were probably never assigned, so there is no issue history record saying that a user changes the assignee field 

Suggest an answer