Confluence page search returning no results

This looks like a duplicate of another question, but we are having a different issue.

When I go to link to a confluence page from a JIRA issue, I get "Search returned no results" and it also doesn't list any of my spaces. When I looked into the logs (both Confluence and JIRA), I saw no errors. When I searched the apache logs, I found the request: 

/jira/rest/confluenceIssueLink/1/confluence/search?query=test&appId=our-app-id&spaceKey=&maxResults=10&_=1450195846167

However, when I make this request against our server, I get the following, no matter what the query is:

{"result":[]}

We have it set up as recommended, using 2-legged OAuth. We can search for JIRA issues from Confluence with no issues. It is just when we try to search for a Confluence page through the issue link feature that we are experiencing this failure. Please let me know if you need more information.

1 answer

When you are in Confluence can you search those same pages?  Or when you enter that URL into the browser that is in JIRA does it find the page fine?

Yes, Confluence has no issue in searching for pages within itself. When I make that request in the browser, I get 

{"result":[]}

I get the same problem when trying to search for a confluence page through the issue link feature. Did you find a solution ?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

1,891 views 8 7
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you