Confluence as a Legal Informationssystem

Ralph Wieser November 15, 2017

Hello World

I am project manager in Switzerland with the following challenge:

- Create/Build an informationssystem for a governmental organisation

- with all "official", legal content for a specific domain

- requirement No. 1: Content shall be mapped in a taxonomy / conceptual hierarchy (Like federal laws "are above" laws of districts. These "are above" organizational directives etc.)

- requirement No. 2: Content shall be "interlinked", i.e. references and links should be created "automatically" to have a seamless work flow

- requirement No. 3: easy full text search over entire content in order to support you solving your cases/providing legal support for the decisions to make

Can I do this with confluence?

Thanks for your feedback,

Ralph

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

In my opinion, all those can be easily met with the Confluence features.

requirement No. 1

There are manually editable page hierarchies in Confluence, which you could use to solve this - if a "tree" is sufficient to model your concept of "are above".

requirement No. 2

I am not sure what you meant by "automatically", but you can link one page to another in Confluence. That is a basic feature, and honestly, I can't see how you could automate this and eliminate the human intelligence.

requirement No. 3

There is the built-in Search feature that does this.

Suggest an answer