Confluence JIRA issue linking should not update the JIRA 'updated' field

Aurelien Navarre April 11, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring Issue Linking

Noticed that when linking to a JIRA issue from Confluence, the 'updated field' in JIRA gets updated too, which a) is unexpected because it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with engineering work per se and b) derails the engineering flow completely because you can no longer trust the updated date field as a data-driven tracker.

4 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

If it created a link to the JIRA issue, that ticket is updated IMHO. You can put a suggestion to Atlassian to have this changed.

0 votes
Aurelien Navarre April 12, 2016

I can't answer that question in details as I didn't implement the feature myself. What I can tell is that we have a Jira/Issue Filter macro from within Confluence to reference any JIRA issue (e.g. to build an arbitrary engineering tracker/dashboard). Then, in JIRA, the Issue Links section will be populated by the Confluence page(s) referencing the issue(s). My problem is that the JIRA issue Updated: field should NOT be updated when this happens, because this has no engineering context at all and derail the team's workflow.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2016

How do you "link JIRA issue to Confluence"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events