Configure Custom field dropdown values in JIRA

kesavan kesavan October 13, 2015

As administrator, i need to create Custom field drop down with list of values(say 20 ). But the user should be able to see only 10 values in the drop down which are active now( based on some release criteria).  Is it possible for the administrator to achieve this?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2015

As an admin, you can "disable" options you don't want the users to use any more - existing values for the option will remain on issues and you can search for them, but you won't be able to add disabled values to the field any more.

Michael Kornatzki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2015

As i understand the requirement he would like to have a dynamic list not a static.

0 votes
Michael Kornatzki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

I don't think so.

But if i had to solve this i wolud try to manipulate the list with jquery or to look if i can manage this with scriptrunners behaviour-plugin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events