Condition to transition story only if epics in certain state

Deleted user July 27, 2016

Hello there,

I am looking to put a condition in my story workflow that it could transition only if the parent Epic is in certain state. Let's say story cannot move from In Progress to In Development until the parent Epics move to a certain status. Can someone give me a pointer for this.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
vitaliy zapolskyy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2016

Hi Pratiyush

if you have JIRA Workflow Toolbox 

you can use

https://bitbucket.org/fcarmario/jira-workflow-toolbox/wiki/condition-validator/Condition%20and%20Validation%20on%20Linked%20Issues

Condition on linked issue:
At least 1 and no more than 1000 issue links with the following characteristics: 
  - Issue link types: has Epic.
  - Linked issue's issue type: Epic.
  - Linked issue's status: In Progress.
  - Linked issue's resolution: any 
  - Linked issue belongs to same project as current issue. 
About the rest of issue links: 
  - Unselected issue link types are not allowed. 
  - Unselected issue types are not allowed. 
  - Unselected statuses are not allowed.
Deleted user July 27, 2016

Thanks Vitaliy.

After getting the evaluation add-on i am able to do it, Thanks.

0 votes
vitaliy zapolskyy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2016

if you are using Agile Simplified Workflow, you may hide Story having its Epic in restricted status using JQL

{{issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("filter = 'DTJIRA Epic Closed'", "is Epic Of") AND issuetype = Story}}

where DTJIRA Epic Closed is a filter name

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events