Condition to Block Transition if Linked to certain Epic

Oliver Chrzan September 14, 2016

I would like to only allow closing an issue if it is not Linked to a certain Epic. I am trying to use the Value Field condition to do this and have no idea what kind of comparison I should be doing. The Epic has an issue number of CG-6894, short name "Dealer Tools/Dashboard", and Epic Name of "Dealer Tools, reporting, dashboard". I have tried all of the following and none seem to work:

• The field Epic Link will have to be not equal to value 'Dealer Tools, reporting, dashboard'. Compared as String.
  • The field Epic Link will have to be not equal to value 'Dealer Tools/Dashboard'. Compared as String.
    The field Epic Link will have to be not equal to value 'CG-6894'. Compared as String.
    The field Epic Link will have to be not equal to value '6894'. Compared as Number.

The last one actually blocks transition of all Issues regardless of the Epic Link.  What kind of value and comparison type should I be using to place a condition on the Epic Link field?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Oliver Chrzan September 19, 2016

Support answered it for me. Apparently you need to use an Option ID comparison and sniff our the ID by looking at URLs:

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for contacting Atlassian Support

I've performed some tests and in fact it doesn't seem that JIRA is comparing the Epic Link / Name as String. I found that the best way to have that accomplished is using 'Option ID' instead. To find an issue/epic ID, open the issue and mouse over the "Edit" button. Look at the displayed URL at the bottom of the page.

I hope it helps

Cheers,
Paulo
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events