Condition on custom email not working with underscore

Jenifer Kuntz November 15, 2016

I am trying to send an email based on the issue type.  My issue types are  EBS_ALERT and EBS_Request

This is what I am using - 

['EBS_ALERT', 'EBS_Request'].contains(issue.issueType?.name)

and when I test with either issue type I can not get it to evaluate to True.

If I use this it will evaluate to true.

['Bug', 'Story'].contains(issue.issueType?.name)

Is it something with the underscores?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2016

Can you change it to:

assert ['EBS_ALERT', 'EBS_Request'].contains(issue.issueType?.name)

And preview with one of those issue types. This should produce an exception which will give enough information to work out what it thinks the issue's name is.

If it's not clear from that post back here with the top part of the exception.

Jenifer Kuntz November 17, 2016

Here is what I got - If I am reading it correct it is seeing that issue name.  

We are currently using issue.issueType.name == 'EBS_ ALERT' in a condition and that works.

assert ['EBS_ALERT', 'EBS_Request'].contains(issue.issueType?.name) | | | | false | | EBS_ Request | IssueConstantImpl[[GenericEntity:IssueType][sequence,null][name,EBS_ Request][iconurl,/secure/viewavatar?size=xsmall&avatarId=10320&avatarType=issuetype][description,create a request in the EBS queue - non emergency][style,null][id,10103][avatar,10320]] RS-10957

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2016

EBS_ Request

There seems to be a space after the underscore.

Jenifer Kuntz November 17, 2016

UGH!  Sorry, your eyes are better than mine!  I was copying as the client sent it to me and even looked for a space at the end.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer