Component Watchers

Nanqing Zhou May 26, 2016

I add some user as the component watchers for some component. I expect the users set as component watchers will be in the watcher list when I create the JIRA issue for that component. However, no matter I add how many users as the component watchers, nobody except me is on the watcher list when I create the issue. 

Can you give me a guide to set someone as the default watcher for a certain component. Thank you very much.   

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

As a quick answer, Component Watchers doesn't add watchers, the name is a little misleading. It handles notifications itself.

Thanks. Is there any way to add default watchers. We want to add the project manager as the default watcher for all the issues.

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Hi

Do you mean you are using the Component Watchers Plugin?

You might find your answer here - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/187121

Thanks. I'm using Component Watchers Plugin. The answers in your link seems not work for me. 

Suggest an answer