Complex extraction on JIRA: permissions/user/group users/roles

Soumia Chekkal August 1, 2016

Hello,

I need to extract all the access and rights allowed to my users on JIRA. They are many ways to attribute rights for users, mainly through:

• permissions / permissions schemes menu (by user and/or group of users and/or roles)
  • roles menu (by group of users and/or by unique user)

Through DB, we tried to extract those informations to complete in a xls or csv file, but it seems these informations are stored in different tables we do not have access to.

Could you please advise and help us on this?

Thank you in advance.

BR,

Soumia

3 answers

0 votes
NeerajG August 1, 2016

Here's what exactly she is looking for:

A user can be given permission by adding him in group, roles or directly adding him in the permission.

Lets say out of 32 permission, a user has been added directly in permission 1,2,3 directly and then permission 4,5,6 via a group and permission 7,8,9 via roles.

She needs the users with permission granted in a project as extract from database in any of the defined format (individual, group or roles or if any other permissible method)

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Thanks,

0 votes
Soumia Chekkal August 1, 2016

Hi Vitaliy,

Thanks for your message.

32 permissions: correct, also found.

I would like to have for each user all the permissions allowed to him by project (coming from user group he belongs to, directly as user and via his role in the project), something like that: e.g

User A  
Project P 
permissions 1,2,3,4 as user A
permissions 5,6,7 as member of user group B 
permissions 8,9 as expert (role)

User B
Project P 
permissions 3,4 as user B
permissions 1,2,6,7 as member of user group C
permissions 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 as admin (role)

Thanks again smile

BR

Soumia

0 votes
vitaliy zapolskyy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2016

any user may have any of 32 permissions (mentioned here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/managing-project-permissions-720412504.html) directly or via project role or via group membership.

Suppose you have 100 users and 80 projects.

Are you looking for a 80 tables (one per project) of 100 rows (one per user) by 32 columns (one per permission)

or something else?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events