Completed Stories and Tasks when marked "Done" are no longer getting striked through

Sudatta Jeevan March 4, 2019

1. Tasks/ Stories were getting striked through for all projects created on JIRA(Resolution was not set earlier)

2. Created a new project scrum board and added "Resolution" field for that project. Now, the tasks and stories for these other project is not getting striked through any more. 

3. Removed resolution field for this new project

However, the stories/ tasks for the peviously existing projects are still not getting striked through

Any thoughts what could have made this difference and how can I set the strike through back for all my projects?

1 answer

0 votes
Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Hi Sudatta,

I am not on the Jira team, but I will try to help.

It sounds like something may be amiss in your Field configuration for the Resolution Field.

What changes did you make to the Resolution field?  If you've modified the Field Scheme it could be used across multiple projects.

I hope that helps!

Hi Martyn,

Thank you for the suggestion. 

So, when I was creating a new project board, I added "Resolution" as a required field for the scrum bug screen.

Are you suggesting that this change might have impacted the existing boards? Should I try removing this field from the new project?

Like Marty likes this
Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Hi Sudatta,

Did you create a new project or did you create a new board for the same project?

Created a new board for a new project. Also, I have tried removing the use of "Resolution" field from the new board. 

There were no changes made to the existing board. However, now none of the stories/ tasks on any of the existing project boards are getting striked off when moved to "Done". 

My team would like to have this feature back, hence trying to figure out how can I set that up again

Sudatta Jeevan March 5, 2019

Will updating "Column Management" help? 

- Set Resolution for "Done" status

Sudatta Jeevan March 14, 2019

Any suggestion on how to get back the strike through on the stories that are already completed? 

Suggest an answer