Comment required valdiator is disabled, how to enable it on cloud version?

Nagarguna Reddy June 23, 2016

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 1.09.35 PM.png

Trying to make update comment as mandatory. But when using this plugin https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-configure-comment-field-to-be-required-in-workflow-transition-648381476.html, cannot enable the validator.

Can any one help on this?

Regards,

Nagarjuna Reddy

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2016

That looks like it is enabled to me.  Could you check "manage add-ons" though and see if you have the parent add-on bought and enabled?

Nagarguna Reddy June 23, 2016

Hi Nic,

Looks like all add-on's are active. What would be the probable parent addon
Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 3.19.57 PM.png 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2016

In your question, you showed a screenshot of a couple of modules.  You'll have had to have gone into the parent add-on to get that - modules live in add-ons. 

Nagarguna Reddy June 24, 2016

Few of the add on's under this main add on are disabled automatically. No option to enable them, attached the whole page screen grab.

Manage add-ons - JIRA 2016-06-24 15-44-48.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2016

What about the one I asked about?

"Comment Required Validator" is child add on of  "JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions". When the parent add on is enabled, 37 of the child add on are enabled out of 46.

Link for the parent add in is https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions/cloud/overview

Did you ask me the same question. Please let me know where else i need to check, if more details are needed i can share it. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2016

Yes, I asked which add-on was providing the module in my first response.

From memory, that module is not enabled for Cloud instances.  I seem to remember seeing a reason why, but I can't remember what it was.

You'll need to find another way to do this I'm afraid.

Ok, are there any other similar validators which you came across

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2016

A couple, but the ones I have bookmarked are not available for Cloud, so they're of no help to you, sorry.

cool. Thanks a lot for the help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2016

Sorry, I wasn't of any help really sad 

If I do find anything to help out on Cloud (got a bit of a Cloud project next week which might uncover more stuff), I'll keep this one bookmarked so I can add it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events