Comment and Create Issue by email

Mujhahid karim January 26, 2017

Suddenly my JIRA stop creating issues that was reported by email.

I check on Mail configuration and the error is:

java.io.IOException: Unexpected response: 220 SERVER04-R3.ronil.local Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:25:17 +0200
javax.mail.MessagingException: Connect failed;
nested exception is:
java.io.IOException: Unexpected response: 220 SERVER04-R3.ronil.local Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:25:17 +0200
at com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store.protocolConnect(POP3Store.java:210)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:295)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailFetcherService$MessageProviderImpl.getAndProcessMail(MailFetcherService.java:201)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailFetcherService.runImpl(MailFetcherService.java:356)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.services.file.AbstractMessageHandlingService.run(AbstractMessageHandlingService.java:252)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.JiraServiceContainerImpl.run(JiraServiceContainerImpl.java:61)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.execute(ServiceRunner.java:47)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)
at com.atlassian.multitenant.quartz.MultiTenantThreadPool$MultiTenantRunnable.run(MultiTenantThreadPool.java:72)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unexpected response: 220 SERVER04-R3.ronil.local Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:25:17 +0200
at com.sun.mail.pop3.Protocol.readResponse(Protocol.java:752)
at com.sun.mail.pop3.Protocol.simpleCommand(Protocol.java:687)
at com.sun.mail.pop3.Protocol.<init>(Protocol.java:113)
at com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store.getPort(POP3Store.java:261)

I try to do Telnet to this server on this port, it;s working.

telnet 10.3.5.1 110

1 answer

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2017

Go to the "POP or IMAP mail server" page and check the config. You can click Test Connection to check the settings.

Suggest an answer