Comment Validator Based On Fix Version Value - Simple Scripted Validator

Deleted user June 28, 2016

We have a requirement where the user must be forced to enter a comment whenever there is a change in Fix Version Field. We are able to achieve this using following simple scripted validator

originalIssue.fixVersions == issue.fixVersions || transientVars["comment"]

However , this will force the user to enter the comment even though the value is entered for the  first time which is not what we are looking for.

It should not ask the user to input the comment if he is providing the value for the first time. It should only force the comment when the value is changed , (i.e value is changed from "Version1" to "Version2"   or "Version1" to "Version2 , Version3" etc but NOT from "None" to "Some Version")

Can you suggest any solution?

Note : We are working on "Transition Screen".

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2016

You can try amending your condition to the following to capture null fixVersions.

originalIssue.fixVersions == null || originalIssue.fixVersions == issue.fixVersions || transientVars["comment"]

Deleted user June 29, 2016

Hi @Phill Fox [Adaptavist] ,

Thanks for your inputs. I tried to implement your code but still no luck. It is still forcing to enter a comment even though the user is providing the input (for Fix Version field) for the first time , i.e changing Value from Null/Empty value to any other value/version.  Is there any other way to implement this functionality? 

Thank You

--Swathi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events