Combobox

German Jesus Vazquez October 13, 2016

I need to add a custom field, a combobox, but the user would need to add new values if the value I need doesn't exist. Any idea ?

Is like that:

2016-10-13_175100.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2016

Hi German,

There's no such a thing on Cloud.

As a workaround, I would suggest one of these two alternatives:

1. If it is feasible to grant the users with Administrators project role, then use 'Component/s' field, to which you can add the ones you already know. Project Administrators can add new components by themselves and, therefore, make them selectable values for the Component/s field.
  2. Use a combobox + a single line text field named Other, so that the user can type a new juzgado name.
    If a user adds a new juzgado this way, it might be needed that a JIRA admin add that new option to the combobox. If that's the case, you can configure a filter that get newly created issues where the Other field were not empty, and subscribe JIRA administrators to that filter, so that they can receive an email notification when they need to add a new option to the combobox.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2016

The closest you will get on cloud is a label type field.  For server,  you will need code

tgefen April 24, 2017

Nic, can you explain what "code" actually means?

Suggest an answer